In the midst of South Africa’s technical recession, the automotive industry showed a 2,2% drop in the second quarter of 2018 according to Statistics South Africa. Data reveals that in 2017 the automotive sector spent over R328-million on TV ads which increased to over R412-million in 2018.
The Africa Brand Index ranks the most successful social brands on the continent in terms of social media performance. Ornico pioneered the Africa Brand Index in 2015, and after two years of learnings and tweaking the algorithms that underpin the benchmark, the media and brand analysis company has now announced an annual local leaderboard that ranks South African brands.
5G Empowering Vertical Industries predicts that the Media, Entertainment, Health, Manufacturing, Automotive and Energy sectors will be transformed immensely in the roll-out of 5G networks globally by 2020.
South African breakfast TV show Expresso and the weekly Top Billing show have both dethroned SuperSport to take first and second place on the Africa Brand Index, where they have both increased their score by five points and nine points respectively.
- South Africa’s top banks reduce advertising spend while digital banks grow
- How big data can help manage waste
- Infographic: South Africa’s SONA 2019 media coverage and social media analysis – #SONA2019
- Digital banks and disruption in South Africa’s banking industry
- SONA 2019 media analysis with top themes and social media conversations
- Infographic: South Africa’s Social Media Landscape in 2019 by the numbers
- Five Organisations in Africa moving rapidly towards the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Ornico on Twitter
- RT @Orestaki: The the amazing @sbalie who helps grow @OrnicoMedia but also keeps us all passionate, engaged and forward looking. You are a… 5 days ago retweeted via Orestaki
- RT @Biz_Marketing: South Africa's banks reduce advertising spend while digital banks grow https://t.co/3XhEKOHYiA | @OrnicoMedia #bizpresso… 6 days ago retweeted via Biz_Marketing
- Banking in South Africa is going through changes with digital banks giving competitors a run for their money. Ornic… https://t.co/K9Jz1Oag9H 7 days ago
Oresti on Twitter
- When @CyrilRamaphosa came to the CBD, he had all his personal around him including cops. Roads were blocked for him… https://t.co/OLa9d31nue 7 hours ago
- RT @_FIBEP: Very excited for FIBEP President @lauraglobalnews from @globalnewsgroup to present at PRO PR in a few weeks. Her talk “Communic… 10 hours ago retweeted via _FIBEP
- RT @chrisyelland: @koko_matshela @IrvinJimSA @Energy_ZA @radebe_jeff @NERSA_ZA @Eskom_SA @Numsa_Media What was initially set down for 2 day… 10 hours ago retweeted via chrisyelland